The Northern Counties Transport Society website celebrates a superb locospotting club.
Webmaster - John Wade -
You can email John by clicking on his name.
Hello, and welcome to our new website. It's now forty years since this fondly remembered locospotting club disappeared. No doubt if you are reading this, it is because you were a member, or knew somebody that was. There are many tales to tell about this Society, which was enjoyed by a huge spectrum of different people, over the years. Just as we shared the club then, you are now invited to share your memories, experiences, anecdotes etc, for everyone else to read and enjoy. You don't have to be computer "Savvy", or spend forever typing but more details of that later. As of 2021 it will be 40 years since we ran a trip. So let's imagine we have just rejoined, and we are booked on an overnight excursion.
Thanks John Wade.
What we have for your enjoyment on this excursion.
About - More from John about the club and website.
History - All you want to know about the club and its history.
Members - All about those who held a Northern Counties Transport Society Membership card.
- Members Gallery - A rogues gallery of famous members.
- Members Memories - Former members give their reminiscences of the club.
On Tour - Seminar pictures taken on excursions - are you in any of the photographs?
Excursions - Information about the clubs excursions.
Excursion Reports - listings of which locomotives were seen where on excursions.
Spotting - An attempt to explain our hobby and why we went on the club excursions.
- Last Locomotive Spotted - Those who "cleared BR" tell us about their last locomotives.
- Spotting Totals - How many BR Diesel & Electric locomotives did you see?
- Spotting Books - A brief history of "underlining" books during the 'Counties' years.
- Departmental Service Locomotives - The haunts of these illusive locomotives.
Archives - Delve into our collection of club magazines, publications and much more.
- Allocation Booklet - the most popular booklet published by the club.
- Depot Order Booklet - the traditional spotting book published by the club.
BWRE - All about Buckley Wells Railway Enthusiasts including a history.
- BWRE Gallery - Photographs taken on Buckley Wells Railway Enthusiasts excursions
- BWRE Magazines - An archive of Buckley Wells Railway Enthusiasts magazines
Latest Updates - 10th May - Magazine 26 (January-April 1977) added to Archives
- 5th May - 1968 - rogues day out picture after to the Buckley Wells Gallery
- 4th May - Excursion 1976 - 16 (Manchester Crewe & Liverpool) Excursion Report added
- 3rd May - Magazine 22 (Autumn 1975) added to Archives
- 2nd May - Excursion 1974 - 16 (South Wales) Excursion Report added
- 1st May - Magazine 7 (April-June 1971) added to Archives
- 30th April - Excursion 1975 - 8 (Edinburgh & Dundee) Excursion Report added
- 18th April - Magazine 17 (December 1973-March 1974) added to Archives
- 29th December - Magazine 3 (April-June 1970) added to Archives
- 27th December - Grand Southern 1978 Eastleigh picture added to On Tour