The Northern Counties Transport Society website celebrates a superb locospotting club.
Webmaster - John Wade -
You can email John by clicking on his name.
Hello, and welcome to our new website. It's now forty years since this fondly remembered locospotting club disappeared. No doubt if you are reading this, it is because you were a member, or knew somebody that was. There are many tales to tell about this Society, which was enjoyed by a huge spectrum of different people, over the years. Just as we shared the club then, you are now invited to share your memories, experiences, anecdotes etc, for everyone else to read and enjoy. You don't have to be computer "Savvy", or spend forever typing but more details of that later. As of 2021 it will be 40 years since we ran a trip. So let's imagine we have just rejoined, and we are booked on an overnight excursion.
Thanks John Wade.
What we have for your enjoyment on this excursion.
About - More from John about the club and website.
History - All you want to know about the club and its history.
Members - All about those who held a Northern Counties Transport Society Membership card.
- Members Gallery - A rogues gallery of famous members.
- Members Memories - Former members give their reminiscences of the club.
On Tour - Seminar pictures taken on excursions - are you in any of the photographs?
Excursions - Information about the clubs excursions.
Excursion Reports - listings of which locomotives were seen where on excursions.
Spotting - An attempt to explain our hobby and why we went on the club excursions.
- Last Locomotive Spotted - Those who "cleared BR" tell us about their last locomotives.
- Spotting Totals - How many BR Diesel & Electric locomotives did you see?
- Spotting Books - A brief history of "underlining" books during the 'Counties' years.
- Depot & Stabling Point Guides - Publications that helped spotters locate locomotives.
- Departmental Service Locomotives - The haunts of these illusive locomotives.
- Ex BR Diesel Locomotives in Industrial Use - Booklets assisting hunters of these locomotives.
Archives - Delve into our collection of club magazines, publications and much more.
- Allocation Booklet - the most popular booklet published by the club.
- Depot Order Booklet - the traditional spotting book published by the club.
BWRE - All about Buckley Wells Railway Enthusiasts including a history.
- BWRE Gallery - Photographs taken on Buckley Wells Railway Enthusiasts excursions
- BWRE Magazines - An archive of Buckley Wells Railway Enthusiasts magazines
Latest Updates - 11th November - London 78-16 added to Excursion Reports
- 1st November - Doncaster, Immingham & Nottingham 78-11 added to Excursion Reports
- 31st October - North East 78-9 report added to Excursion Reports
- 25th October - Glasgow & Ayr 78-14 report added to Excursion Reports
- 18th October - North Wales & Midlands 78-8 report added to Excursion Reports
- 15th October - East Midlands 78-8 report added to Excursion Reports
- 31st March - Derby Area 79-09 report added to Excursion Reports
- 24th March - Plymouth & The West 79-08 report added to Excursion Reports
- 15th March - Doncaster & Immingham 79-07 report added to Excursion Reports
- 9th January - Glasgow & Edinburgh 79-04 report added to Excursion Reports